This is the first weekend of this in depth and fascinating course, which gives you the foundations with which to work with music for dance. It’s an inspirational course and whether you dance, teach or perform, you will get so much from this. It will take place over two weekends: 8/9/10 March and 1/2 June.
The course is suitable for:
• Students who want to increase their knowledge
• Teachers of Belly Dance
• Performers of Belly Dance
• Musicians may also find it useful to enable them to put the music in context and understand it from a dancer’s perspective.
What is included?
• Recognising Middle Eastern musical instruments
• Understanding Middle Eastern rhythms
• Recognising Middle Eastern musical styles
• Working with live Tabla to create your own Tabla solo
• Playing basic rhythms
• Introduction to sagat
• Dance classes with a focus on musical recognition and interpretation
• Introduction to key singers and composers
• Identifying iconic pieces of music
• Building a portfolio of evidence for the One Awards